View Single Post
Old 10-23-14, 07:02 AM   #999
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
Pity I have to use H.sie's weather with it too!
hello Stiebler,
no , actually you haven't to.if you reread my post you will see that i checked your files ( called as ''Stiebler4B_V16B1_Revised'') and i saw that the Nignt Vision Fix was included. in my tests i used your envsim.act (dated 07/07/2012)

Quote:
In particular, you have also fixed, probably accidently, the old problem where a merchant ship on a calm sunny day (wind 0-5 m/s) could see the U-boat before the U-boat crew saw the merchant ship.
from the way you are describing this problem, i am thinking that the 'old problem' is not a problem at user's uboat visual sensors.
if the merchant was spotting you,at clear weather, before the u-boat there is a douzine of reasons that must be checked:
1. sensors equipment for this specific ship ,in case that ,by fault, a strong radar is assign to this ship
2. totally wrong placed visual node for this ship.
3. ship is using wrong visuals category from the AI Sensors
4. in case that all the above are correct , your AI Sensors ranges are wrong and need readjustments. i never checked your AI Sensors ranges but if ,indead, there are in there settings for the merchant ships to look at even enviro's limits , then this needs a fixing.

you ,maybe, see this 'old problem' as fixed now becuased ,at the uboat's visuals that i released,i raised your crew visuals to your enviro's limits* so ,maybe, this extra range at your crew visuals is now beyond this merchant's visuals.

*edit: i made a tiny error at the sensors settings. NYGM's enviro limits is 17000m and i had setted it ,by mistake, as 17500m at sensors's settings. i fixed this error and i updated the download link at post 1001 so download this new one.

Quote:

Nice work, Makman94!

Stiebler.
thank you Stiebler,enjoy the challenging nights !

all the best

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 10-23-14 at 08:04 AM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote