View Single Post
Old 10-05-14, 02:32 AM   #108
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
Those unruly hit points must be what I ran into ...

I had 11 fish in a freighter and it would not go down.

I reverted back to ISP 1, reloaded a save at that location and time re-fired at the ship and it went down in two fish.

ISP 2 changes or cause a miss somewhere so that fish have less value or something.

11 fish and not sinking on a medium composite is just unheard of. I waited three days at least and it just sat there dead in the water.
I agree. It is a nonsensical result. The torps and shells are the same, but I did change the CrashSpeed. In the stock files, the values for the surface ships are all either .5 or 1, same with RFB. I had changed them to .1 to eliminate sinking in heavy seas. I didn't think it would impact sinking from weapons. Holed compartments should still flood the same, after all. Maybe the crews were able to pump out water as fast as it came in?

I did some more testing with the merchants. Of the 10 selected, 7 were able to go 24 hrs in 12 m/s waves without problems. Two sank, but I think it is partly a matter of stability, and I can fix that. The Hog Island type 'A' lost speed and seemed to be taking on water after ~20 hrs., but was still going at 24 hrs. This ship has a low freeboard, and is a likely candidate for trouble in rough seas.[This with a CrashSpeed of 0.5]

Quote:
Indeed something with how in RFB ships sink based the flooding model and not the old hp system. Sounds like Torpx is already on top of it tho with the crashspeed variables
Well, I was pretty sure it had to be the CrashSpeed; I didn't change anything else in the damage dept. I guess I will change the Naka class CL, since I can't think of any good reason why a light cruiser should have more hit points than the Yamato.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote