View Single Post
Old 09-09-14, 12:46 PM   #9
Nobon
Helmsman

Location: 1939-09-13. U-50 ran into a 10+ ship british convoy- I'm planning the approach
Downloads: 74
Uploads: 2
Default :)

Thank you for the kind words without any exaggeration, it made me hold on to this idea a little longer

Well, currently the situatuion is this: (we may call it an alpha)

-Reinvented the "back button" as right click, it works as:

From UZO to the bridge,
from attack periscope, after a brief show of the periscope close-up to the conning tower, from the conning tower nav. map to the conning tower, from the observation periscope to the control room, from the control room nav. map to the control room.

-now the map at the conn. tower is a second nav. map.

-Conn tower now has a shortcut: shift+f1.

-Control room nav. map: F5.

-Conn. Tower nav. map: shift+F5.

Known bugs:
-I can't reimplement the Attack map (as F6)... As this step need a THIRD command, that recognised and validated by the system as a valid map command...

-Now the back button does nothing at the bridge, and at the conning tower, it wont let you step down a level. This is because a weird bug that otherwise would put you right down to the last station in the "back chain", to the control room. This bug also produces a nice animation, as you press back at attack periscope, then a close up view of the periscope tube will flash up, and then you back up to the control room. Kind of an outzoom XD

-Now as the back button is implemented to the nav. map, you cant order to start course, or exit from tools properly. The workaround is to use ctrl+right click, or shift+right click, this way the backstep doesnt happen, but the map recognises it as a legal right click. A little annoying, Ive got used to it, but it would be nice to solve this.

-The conn. tower TDC shows the speedometer of the target differently than the attack map one: (stock bug) at the attack map, the little lines from 5 to 10 knots represent 1 knot steps. At the conning tower's wall, theres four lines in equal distances, not 5... So you have to approximate, where is, for example, 8 knot...

If someone can help me out how to switch the texture of the speedometer to the Attack map's speedometer texture, we can solve this.

Please help ^^

Without any professional help, either with the texture swap, and how to implement a THIRD valid map show command, and how to work around the backstep bug, Im stuck at this point. So, yes, I know it's annoying but I need help with this. For example, from the creators of GWX, or the New Interiors mod both are masterpieces.

Good news is, Im working on an easy MANUAL method, usable in every version of the game, which add up nicely to this idea, to determine the target's speed when you run at full speed, or any speed, and the other good side of this, is you can draw the necessary sketch all in one step AFTER you made the two observations...
So far I had time to test it once in practice, in a convoy follow-up, it produced exact results- but I can't really rely on this, until several succesful measurements is taken.

So far the only thing is changed is the commands.cfg file. (commands_en.cfg of course)- The drawback is that I need to make plugins for every mod that changes this file, and alot changes it. I have material for the GWX 3.0 mod, and the NewInteriors 1, 2.
But If someone can send me a stock 1.4b commands.cfg, when the mod is releasable, then I can make one for that too. Or, in a future, for several mods, if someone send me the files.

87% realism (100%-Cams to watch burning targets, and torpedoes run for fun..)
SH5 The Wolves of Steel Megamod- Realnav+Full manual targeting. -no contact updates, no map help.
U-50 forever - still a Smiling bastard
Nobon is offline   Reply With Quote