View Single Post
Old 09-03-14, 03:02 PM   #2198
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexandro View Post
Get that 4gb patch on the exe asap. I had sh4 for years and it used to CTD at the drop of a hat when using mods. These days with my new rig and the 4gb switch active, I have a pretty long list of mods active with zero problems.

On a separate issue, does anyone have a convoy map for RSRDC? I dont use TMO so the radio map mod thingy doesnt work. Dont need anything fancy, just a jpeg of major routes. I woudnt normally ask since in the pacific the routes tend to be obvious but with RSRDC i am having some troubles actually finding ships and convoys, even with radar. I sat 30nm outside Tokyo harbour patrolling up and down for two months and only saw 1 light cruiser and a couple of tankers. Stock game I would have been overflowing in tonnage sank by that time.
If you look in the mod section, you should find a map alternate for TMO/RSRD.
Just remember RSRD has realistic traffic. I start at Manila at the beginning of the war as they're several invasion groups that hit at most ports or cities. You'll get a patrol zone and it'll lead you to one.

After that in Feb. tons of action near Java for that invasion. You can also have fun in the strait above Timor about mid Feb, large carrier group and BB's comes through and you can't miss them. After attacking them, rush back to the Java coast by the 25th..

During 42 I hang around the Solomons, several big battles from July until about the end of 42. May also hang around Truk. In 43 I prefer Truk and Truk to Home Waters {Japan}shipping lane.

The best overall shipping lane is along the west coast of Borneo/Palawan through the Formosa Strait. Just sit right at the edge of deep water. This is the honey hole in 44. I'll hunt here and try to catch some of the big battles around Leyte. You'll run into huge convoys.

45 I hunt the Korea passage....

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote