View Single Post
Old 08-16-14, 05:31 PM   #5
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
Awesome post!! Thanks. So how do I add more mods if I added the hard coded patch?? How do you undo it?? I'm installing a fresh copy tonight and want to get everything up and running.
You just deactivate the Supplement mods (h.sie's and Stiebler's) with JSGME to remove them. Then add whatever additional mods you wish, again using JSGME. Then check to see that the folders you have to modify (menu.txt and campaign_SCR.mis for h.sie, plus command.cfg and menu_1024_786.ini for Stiebler) have not been changed by the new mods. JSGME will tell you that, in the !BACKUP! folder. Edit any of those folder that you need to, put them into the supplement folders, and reactivate the supplement mods.

The patchers are not as simple to use as a conventional mod that just has data files you copy in with JSGME. They require some work and care. And if the setup they require exceeds your comfort level, you might want to pass them up for now. Don't rush! And make sure you back up every file you have to edit before you make any changes. (I have this folder named A Safe Place.... ) But h.sie's patcher makes 23 significant improvements, and Stiebler adds 12 more. All of them are worth having IMO.

Good luck. Please post and let us know how the installation goes.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote