Old 08-01-14, 07:47 PM   #61
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
ISP work

I have finished with the ships and for the most part the subs are ok. I made an attempt to improve the diving characteristics, but I decided they are as good as I can make them already. Tweaking the various drag factors just caused problems.

I expect to release a version for RFB + RSRDC that will have all the subs and ships in one package. I doubt that I will build a separated RFB only version. I could, but I doubt there would be much demand for this. I think most who use RFB also use RSRDC.

Except me, I prefer the heavily researched and historically accurate PTC Cycles mod by Ed Howard that we used for the 15 cycles (3 months = 1 cycle) of each PTC Campaign, Dec 7th 1941 - Aug 1945, combined with Kim Rønhof's TBox (& Report Generator) TBox selects missions & issues appropriate patrol orders and much more.

Ed modified the cycles mod into a stand alone mod now called the "Guerrilla Submarines Spyron Mod" available at his website:
http://www.subsowespac.org/silent-hunter-4-mods.shtml
Quote:
I wanted to include files for the Narwhal class, but found that the Narwhal just doesn't work right in RFB. RFB 2.0 has only an empty folder for the Narwhal, RSRDC has it's version of the Narwhal, but it doesn't work right. I presume it worked ok with an earlier version of RFB.

If someone knows how to straighten these issues out, I'll take a stab at fixing them, otherwise I'll release ISP 2.0 without any Narwhal support.
The Narwhal class disappeared into the ether for some reason, I suspect the hands-on move crew from on deck watch by hand when the boat dives and you don't want to expose the to danger, plus they man stations in the CT & CR. I could be wrong..... usually am..... lol

Quote:
I can get crew into the empty slots of the control room and fwd torpedo room, but don't know how to do this for the deck watch. The 3 men in the Hogan's Alley did not appear there, but were in the roster, at left, and didn't show up on the boat until I moved them there. Worse yet, the control room and sonar stations are messed up; when you try to go there, you end up outside the boat. In short the Narwhal is unusable, as it is, and I have no idea how to fix this.
Thanks for the update.

I want to find some time to see if I can see what is up with the donation NARWHAL class & the mysterious empty folder in RFB when I finish this '15 cycle' campaign I'm currently playing.

Happy Hunting! - and thanks for ISP
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote