View Single Post
Old 07-26-14, 04:41 PM   #265
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default the fleas of a thousnd camels

Battle of Ṣiffīn, (May–July 657) , series of negotiations and skirmishes during the first Muslim civil war in northern Syria, ending in the arbitration of Adhruḥ (February 658–January 659), which undermined the authority of Ali as fourth caliph and prepared for the establishment of the Umayyad Dynasty." Here's the real rub IMHO:
"The hero of the battle began to bring on victory when Amr al-Aas on Muawiya's side said, "Call the enemy to the Word of God."
Muawiya eagerly accepted these words and his men raised 500 copies (
leaves?)of the Holy Qur'an on their spears, saying that the Holy Book would decide their differences. This trick had a strange effect on some people in the army of Imam Ali, who dropped their weapons and agreed that the Holy Qur'an should decide the matter." Now if I impaled the Holy Qur'an on my spear...I'd never hear the end of it Allah is not an equal opportunity impaler! Nothing changes in that 'neck of the woods'...er desert! Urdu with subtitles-they still make movies about it!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote