View Single Post
Old 07-25-14, 06:35 PM   #20
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocking View Post
To summarize for anyone else following my attempt to get things straight, Hitman has two versions of his GUI: "Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.0" and a newer version "Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.1". The version that should be used with vanjast's 1920x1080 widescreen fix for NYGM is the older version "Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.0"
I made a fairly thorough comparison of the contents of Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.0 and Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.1. The only substantive difference that I was able to identify was that Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.1 contains all the changes necessary to implement h.sie's Colored Hull Integrity Indicator, while Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.0 does not. Most of the files in V1.1 show a different timestamp from the same-named files in v1.0, but an examination shows the same file contents. I did not view and compare all the graphics files, but a sampling showed the same contents for them also. I did not review all of cameras.dat parameters, but the UZO, peri, and obs peri entries all show the same parameter values in v1.0 and v1.1. I conclude from these results that Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.1 can be used interchangeably with Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.0 and that vanjast's widescreen mod will work equally well with either.

And I am relieved, as I didn't notice the call-out for v1.0 in vanjast's documentation. I used v1.1, which I already had in my JSGME Mods folder. I can report that I have not encountered any problems with the combination of Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.1 and Van1920X1080, although truthfully I haven't had much operational experience with it yet.

Quote:
Is "FM_NewInterior v2.1D" interior mod compatible with NYGM, Hitman's NYGM3_1.0, and vanjast's 1920x1080 widescreen mod?
Yes, it works fine and the sub interior looks great in widescreen. You will probably have to edit your commands.cfg file to get the hatches to open and close. (I always use my own custom commands.cfg, so I don't know for sure.) That edit shouldn't be a show-stopper.

A caution: Some, but not all, players who have used TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v4_0_SH3 have reported experiencing corrupt, unrecoverable saves. This problem doesn't seem to be an inherent flaw in the mod, but the result of an interaction between it and something else in the program environment, probably another mod. To date, no one has succeeded in chasing this problem down. I wouldn't discourage anyone from using this mod, but you might get the rest of your install up and running and gain some operational experience before you load TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v4_0_SH3. Then try it for a patrol or two without making a heavy emotional investment in a career.

Last edited by BigWalleye; 07-25-14 at 06:45 PM.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote