View Single Post
Old 04-02-14, 02:27 PM   #22
bybyx
Ensign

Downloads: 942
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm1 View Post
no need to put 200 $ in a card when as Harry said he'll play almost only SH . there are very powerful GTX 650 or 7850 for 100 $ maybe less . the PSU is very good it's the one i have and my OS is very smooth with it . high resolution IMHO are useless for gaming unless you want to put 2000 $ in a rig which it's not the case of 90 % of us . high resolutions are good for work only , and for this you can buy a second cheap 60 Hz screen . for gaming for me most important in monitors it's not the resolution but the refresh rate i think for gaming you need at least 75 Hz . concerning the HDD for a game like SH i don't know but maybe a SSD could be nice . i have one and loading times never take more than 5 - 6 s (you install OS on SSD and game on HDD) . this is very nice especially when you do some modding
It is true what you say about playing older games like SH4 or maybe the veteran SH3 but if you buy a new pc it is good to buy the newest generation of components that you can afford.
I think that a decent video card is always welcomed especially if are able to buy a new generation that just came out. You don't buy a cheaper one every year because it will cost you more in the end to upgrade.
Regarding the the monitor, an lcd is always best kept at maximum resolution because at lower resolutions the image will look bad. Try playing SH4 or SH5 in 1920x1080 and then lower the resolution at 1280x720 and see how the quality changes. Concerning the refresh rate, most of the monitors out there are set to 60hz at 1920x1080 and in gaming achieving 60fps at full hd you need a decent video card. You may have a 75hz or even a 125hz monitor but you'll also need a more powerful card to reach those hz. What I am trying to say is that you need balance between the parts of you pc. One more important thing about gaming is the response time and gaming wise you need under 4ms.
About an ssd, you are 100% right. Those suckers can run fast and only use a couple of watts in energy. My brother has a 120gb one and it only uses around 5 or 7 watts.
bybyx is offline   Reply With Quote