View Single Post
Old 03-13-06, 06:35 PM   #13
Mylo42
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

This may sound odd but....

.....I was very excited about the fact that SBP was $125. This price tag supports the reviews on the sim in that....this is not just another game out there, but is, in fact, something different, something more substantial, ...a REAL sim if you will. Of course it's going to cost more, I would expect nothing less. If SBP was $65 I would have thought to myself, "Ya....military training aid my arse....what kind of military training aid can you buy for $65 ?" Again, the fact that it is twice that much at least gives me hope that it is for real. In all honesty, I would have put the price of a real military training aid closer to $500 so, I'm quite pleased with a $125 price tag.

As for the graphics of SBP and their "dated" appearance in some areas ? Again, sounding odd but, this too made me think that perhaps SBP is a REAL sim. I figure a REAL sim would make the graphics as good as they need to be and focus more dev resources on getting the thing to work right. Too much "eye candy" scares me, it makes me doubt the title's value as a simulation. If that's not the case with SBP, all the better.

I would buy 3 or 4 $125 simulations any day of the week and leave the $65 "games" for someone else. That's still only $500 for hours, hours, and .....hours of entertainment and educational value. I certainly don't need the latest and greatest in Hollywood pyrotechnics to keep my interest either.

Kudos eSIM, you've got my money.

Mylo42