View Single Post
Old 02-20-14, 09:36 PM   #5
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
Test I ran submerged to 100 feet while stationary, then ran ahead 1/3rd until the time acceleration went to 1 with the "battery down to 10%" warning. All the boats went about 40 miles....
I have seen the same thing with my tests. I didn't bother with all the sub classes; after getting nowhere with the S-class and Porpoise class, I figured I was wasting my time.

As far as why all this doesn't work, I have no idea. It doesn't make sense to me. I thought perhaps there was a hard coded limit according to what U-boat performance was, but you said they had similar endurance, so that can't be it. While the game ignores higher numbers, it is possible to reduce sub. range.

The only thing I have to add, is that the recharge times are also a function of the eng power and E eng power. The relationship didn't seem to be linear, however, and I didn't really try to pin it down. Messing with those, would screw up propulsion, and I had no intention of jacking up everything else, to improvise a fix for the batteries.

You would think they would have fixed this sort of thing, before getting to version 1.5 of the game.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote