View Single Post
Old 01-15-14, 09:32 AM   #3011
DaceDave
Watch

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0

I navigated my way to Kiel with no CTDs or new issues other than those I mentioned in earlier post and then backed down into bunker #one without scraping a bit of paint off the boat. I've given the crew shore leave and I will stay put in Kiel and do more research into what I screwed up.

After being away for over a year... let me just say how much I'm lovin all the new (to me) elements in this mod list. Having been a sailor for many years, I love Real Navigation... I got right to the mouth of Kiel at midnight on a pitch black night with no problems other than almost missing the shortcut thru the pass at Fehmarn just as the sun was setting. Kinda hard to see the pass with the sun in your eyes and no navigation aids... and a navigator who needs to work on his deadreckoning skills. The lighted bouys were a great surprise... except it threw me for a minute as I'm used to "red, right, returning"... cause we do everything backwards in the US from the rest of the world. LOL... "Ship sighted... 500 meters dead ahead captian... maybe you want to follow international rules now?"

The weather and water, the lighting, ships, planes and everything else are all great. So I can't wait to figure out where I went wrong and get back on patrol. I won't bother anybody until I have narrowed it down and need something specific answered. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by DaceDave; 01-15-14 at 09:43 AM.
DaceDave is offline   Reply With Quote