View Single Post
Old 12-10-13, 09:04 PM   #113
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Since last fridays 0.3 update, two more hotfixes has been released. Think about early access what you want - they deliver. Every two weeks, and in between.

---

A member of the Kunos development team commented on the Nordschleife yesterday. It is out of the question in the release order until v 1.0 . He said they are aware of the great public demand for it, and the team itself would also absolutely love to have it included, but the preventing factor currently is money. Apparently that is the only one. He did not mention at all legal problems due to the unclear ownership situation with the Ring.

[ In this latter context it is interesting to know that the German automobile club ADAC - quite influential and powerful an opinion-former in Germany - has offered to buy the Nordschleife. Politicians so far block the idea because they want the loss-making fancy entertainment parks and small businesses along the track's sidelines being sold with the core racing business together. Of course - which is only reasonable - the ADAC refuses to buy that crap that was introduced just by politicians' interference with the track's management company, said politicians made the tracks management to establish this misled business sideline, and sinking plenty of public money in this folly as well. ]

I understood him as that they would absolutely love to do it, and when after the release of v1.0 there is a realistic chance to realise that project, they probably would do it, as payware DLC of course. It's just that they cannot assess those chances currently not practically and not financially.

I do not give up the hope, I even think that in the long run chances to get the Green Hell from them are greater than chances that they will not do it.

Just imagine - the laserscanned Nordschleife and the physics of Assetto Corsa... But we will have to wait for it quite some time, I think.

----

On another note, another team member confirmed earlier that the next update in ten days will include mouse steering - for whatever that is worth...

---

I have started to experiment with not subtle but bigger changes in the setups of the Lotus cars. It seems that the characteristics of theirs that I do not like that much can be tamed and turned into something more suitable for my driving style (if one can call that style when you desperately try to just stay between those two white lines...). Since I am still learnign to gte used to the differences in my new wheel, speed and laptimes currently are nothing I worry about, and so I aim at increasing downforce and balancing it between front and rear so that it fits my needs. The Evora and 2-11 indeed already feel better for me.

With shifter and clutch it is all new ballgame for me. My times are horrible. The fun nevertheless is twice as big as before now. But people should be thankful that I do not race online. Praise my kindness!

And then this comment I snapped up somewhere about the McLaren MP4, or "the beauty-beast", as I call it. Somebody commented on its rear flap that moves upwards when braking somehow like this: the McLaren has that fancy flap that moves up and blocks the driver's vision to the rear when he brakes, so that he must not watch the car behind him slamming right into his rear.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-10-13 at 09:14 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote