View Single Post
Old 09-15-13, 03:58 AM   #2283
Spiced_Rum
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMark View Post
If I pay for a plastic bag, does that mean I can take the bugger back when it breaks!
You have spotted the deliberate design flaw. Thin and flimsy bags that do not last, sometimes not even to the car park, so that you have to keep buying new ones.

This is of course is not done for profit by the greedy supermarkets, but because it 'saves' resources by using less plastic, et cetera, and because the bags are probably made in some Chinaman's slave factory to cost the retailer less.

I blame the European Union for trying to stop the black market in carrier bag smuggling across the English border into Wales, where they already charge 5 pennies a bag. There is now a sophisticated crime network to move bags over the Severn Bridge past all the security checks or across the mountains sheep paths and into the valleys. A clever criminal can find all sorts of places in a car to hide the bags, and many women are known to have put a couple in their purses hoping to not get caught. I use Ebay because I can wrap items in multiple bags as 'padding' and then slip the package past the customs.

"The only rocks I want to see are in my glass, and covered with lashings of Spicey and Coke"