View Single Post
Old 07-22-13, 12:01 PM   #13
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_vino_vomitus View Post
Reading through the documentation it says OM should be installed last, then the OMEGU readme says that OMEGU should be installed after OM
Yes, that's the right order: OM -> OM Update -> OM patch -> OMEGU -> OMEGU patch -> everything else

Quote:
- Plus it seems there's a lot of optional stuff in OMEGU that needs to be installed separately - anyway I'm in the process of reinstalling the whole package.
I have deactivated OMEGU by now and not a single crash ever since. The eye candy that comes with OMEGU is nice, but not worth the trouble it causes. YMMV.

Quote:
If it works I'll post details here in case anyone else is having similar issues. I assume that although these mods are compatible with TMO etc. there's no problem adding them to a clean game?
No problem at all. But it's a good idea to have separate installs of SH4 for different mega mods anyway. Use Multi SH4:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...=1110&act=down

Quote:
Also any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated. I really, really really like this mod - I want to make it work......
A saved file that fails to load can be rescued by transplanting a valid ActivePlayerUnit file into the saved games folder of the faulty save. You can even keep your crew with all special abilities by editing the APU (copy the old crew entries into the new file, use wordpad).

Maybe you fancy playing a Typ IX career start to finish (= end of war)? Cause each new conning tower (for Typ VII) has cause hick ups for me and I'd like to know if the conning tower upgrade for Typ IX brings about the same side effects.
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote