View Single Post
Old 07-12-13, 09:47 AM   #10
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0
Default Update Turmumbau II -> III

Just to give You an update on the Turmumbau-desaster:

It has happened again. I finally reinstalled SH4 (again) with the mods listed in the first post, found a saved game that could be used as a donor for rank, tonnage, medals and crew. A saved game from a new career (same flotilla, almost same date) was used as transplant host and I could continue my career. In May 1944 I was "awarded" the conning tower III for Typ VIIc and the result was: Crew slots missing, no propulsion, end of career again. I repeated transplantation of saved game components into a new dummy and continued patrolling until July 1944.

Now I`m stuck in the Rade de Brest, the allies have already landed in the Normandy, and I would happily move to Bergen if the game would let me:

Patrol No. 25, July 11th 1944: Heading for home base which is under heavy attack from allied aircraft -> SH4 crashes, luckily I had saved when approaching pointe St Mathieu (Before the game had crashed!!!).

The saved game loads fine, I happily enter the base (make changes to crew, make changes to equipment, accept/decline the crippled Typ XXIII the BdU is offering, change flotilla/home base), start a new mission and

ALL GAMES SAVED AFTER LEAVING THE BASE FAIL TO LOAD ->ctd

Two possible reasons: 1) The crash has rendered files, that were created before, useless (Don't laugh, it has happened before, see first post for reference). 2) Another very nasty bug in OM/OMEGU

So I reckon I have to fiddle about with the last valid save and a new dummy (11th flotilla, December 44, Bergen seems suitable) again. This is ridiculous. It's a pity I enjoy playing OM so much.
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote