View Single Post
Old 06-21-13, 08:50 PM   #259
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I first threw my popcorn at the screen when Harvey Keitel shouted "Dive! Dive! Dive!" and rang the klaxon three times. The guy I was watching it with (not in the theater) asked my why I would complain about such a little thing. "Hey," I replied, "If they can't get the tiniest thing right, what makes you think they got any of it right?"
I didn't used to be like that...but now I am. That's why I did like the movie at one point...but I don't anymore.

Quote:
I take that back. It gave Pacific Aces some great scenes to use for some of their sound files.
It gave us sound for Pacific Aces....Yes... I'm glad that Pacific Aces has the best sound of any subsim I've played. I love the crash dive sound in PA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
This scene sadly was misunderstood.

It was supposed to be conveyed that Harvey Keitel had used "the force" to increase the torpedoes speed to such a rate that when it hit the German destroyer it caused a violent rip the space/time continuum which caused the massive explosion.

You need to do a youtube series where you pick movies apart like these guys...but in a humorous way like you do on here.

CinemaSins

Also, do you notice how the German Helmsman starts frantically turning the wheel when the torpedo is still a distance away....but they still haven't changed course when the torpedo hits.... Leave the Down-the-Throat-Shots to Commander Richardson, USN. (Run Silent, Run Deep reference )

----------------------------

I just watched The Guilt Trip with Seth Rogen about the inventor who takes his Mom on a road trip with him while he's promoting his new product.

Anybody who has ever had an embarrassing Mom will love this movie. It's hilarious.