Old 06-19-13, 08:00 PM   #208
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
I just finished watching The Day After.

That was great! Can't wait to see Threads.

I know this probably sounds sick that I'm calling these movies great....but...it's true. The Day After was one of the best TV Movies I've seen.

Ronald Regan watched an advanced viewing of TDA and it had a profound effect on him it furthered his resolve to support SDI and to try to eliminate all nukes.Reagan and Gorbachev came close to pulling it off but they could not work out a deal.All of the extras in the city and town scenes are real Missourians.

TDA did a pretty good job portraying an attack and all of the SAC and Navy guys at the start those where not actors that was real footage filmed for a documentary and later used in TDA.
Here is the original documentary the military men where "acting" it is called "First Strike" watch it and then recall the scenes in TDA then you'll see which parts are real (training footage). .

"Threads" is a bit more dramatic and better written and has less special effects but they are still well done.I like both for different reasons."Threads" also shows more the longer term effects of the attack while TDA focuses more short term.

There is an animated film called "When the Wind Blows" about nuclear war that you might want to watch.

Last edited by Stealhead; 06-19-13 at 08:12 PM.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote