View Single Post
Old 06-19-13, 10:17 AM   #9
the_tyrant
Admiral

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Regarding android security, you shouldn't require any antivirus software. Its simple really, only get your apps from the google play store, and you should be fine. Google continuously monitors the play store for malware, and they remove it asap

Quote:
Prevent. Apps in Google Play are scanned continuously to block harmful apps and policy violators.

Yes, its true, a harmful app slips through once or twice, but in my opinion, if you aren't into piracy or homebrew, it isn't a big risk. Also, I really can't recommend an AV on android, they simply don't "provide enough value" to be worth the money and system resources. Antivirus software is probably the no. 1 battery killer on Android. I don't run security software on my Motorola, and its fine.

as for how multitasking on Android works, read this: http://www.extremetech.com/computing...roid-and-ios/2

Yes, its true. All of the experts I can find recommend that you don't use a task manager and get Android to manage it for you. But than, personally, I find that when I do that, my device lags a lot. Motorola includes a task killer on their phones, does Samsung do that? If they do, use the built in one, it probably has the lease side effects.

As for what "Root" is, think about it as the Linux version of Window's "administrator". Google does not intend for the average user to have the privileges to make certain changes to their device, and thus, does not give you root privileges. Rooting your device gives you these privileges, but voids your warranty, so I recommend against it.

Micro SD cards are not fast enough for most apps, so its not really a good idea to install apps on there as long as you still have enough space on your tablet. If you are running out, move your music and photos over to the storage card.