View Single Post
Old 03-29-13, 12:57 AM   #49
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

One thing for sure, those in poverty often turn to drugs for a host of issues, depression, pain from illness or escape from reality. It probably is hard to get proper mental and medical care if poor and on welfare, so they turn to other options. The street is full of alcholics, including many vets, no doubt many use welfare or other govt means to secure money for booze. If anything having welfare would free up what money they may have to buy booze and drugs. The other problem, if many lost welfare, they would probably end up in prison, much more expensive.

Still, I believe as long as our economic models create a two class system, millions will fall into poverty, somewhere along the line we all pay, either in social programs, cost of crime or prison.

Still, we know anything the govt does isn't cost effective and tons of red tape and waste. I think it's to the point of FUBAR and govt containment until the system implodes and chaos breaks out.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote