View Single Post
Old 03-10-13, 07:35 AM   #1
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] Ultimate object camera view!!

Version 1.0 released!
From the readme:

Quote:
11 march 2013
Ultimate Object_View Camera mod by Rubini v1.0
==============================================

What is it?
- This mod turns the stock object camera on a zoomable, free running and destabilized new object camera. It adds also a zoom feature to normal external view camera.

How to instal?
- The mod is indeed only one new file (cameras.val) and itīs JSGME ready.

Are there any things that i must know about this mod?
-Yes:

1. This mod have only one and new file - cameras.val - (avoiding a million of conflicts, because the cameras.dat is one of the most modded file on sh3), no changes are necessary in any of your files - including cameras.dat! Itīs "plug and play" and works without problems. And the good news: it is virtually compatible with any Sh3 installation, from stock to widescreen ones, with any supermod or self modded sh3. (but in true i only tested it on my heavy self modded&widescreen installation, so let me know if you encounter any problem)

2. As a mod it have itīs flaws (unfixed issues until now). If you mess around too much (mainly the lateral movement) the camera can lose itīs default position and then can be a bit difficult to find your uboat again (although is always possible to move the camera freely until find anything again). This is more relevant if you are at dark night , heavy fog or submerged with few visibility. Take not: mainly the lateral movement can bring this behaviour, all others movements including rotation have no problems.. Anyway, after a while you will be proof and will learn how to move without problems. Take your time... Iīm trying to find a way to "reset" the camera all time that you call it again, in a future release i guess. Other than that, no problems.

Tips?
- Oh yes!

1. With this new camera a new exciting world is opened when playing SH3! No more that "always" the same" static" views, itīs like if Sh3 world come to a new life. You can make beautiful movies and incredible pictures, you can vary your sights with variable distances, zooms, new angles and pitch&roll movements that are also surprisely variable from one object to another, from one sight to another! All this at your fingers and in real time into the game!

2. As a suggestion, raises your ambient sounds (wind, oceanskyline, splash waves) , tune your uboat movements, your waves behavior ... the overall "scene" and the sail feeling will be now unbelievable for such an old game!!

How to move my units view?
- no news here:

1. Mouse to move around, mouse wheel to zoom
2. direction keys up/down for move in/out, lateral direction keys left/right for go at sides (take care with lateral movements).
3. The external camera view is now also zoomable with mouse wheel

Have fun!
Rubini.
Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j48nmi332dfp6tb

Here some tease videos:
Ships:

Planes:

=======================================
Old first post:

Hi guys,

After play Sh5 a bit again I was wondering about how beautiful is that game and how nice is the object view camera that pitch and roll like if you really were at sea.

Well is this possible to SH3 too? (I even donīt know if someone already made something similar). But after some hours I catch the cat! Now the object view camera have zoom (no news here), have really free movement around object goind near to far away (not zoom) ... and the cherry on the cake: it pitch and roll as it must be!! Just wonderfull IMO! I liked the result a lot, much more imersion..but also take care that you can sick!

Another obviously comment is that it is intend for guys that like eye candy or at least to make beautiful movies with the game. It is full playable and integrated at the game!

See the video and let yours comments:

Ships:

Planes:

It have 3 small flaws, its a mod and itīs limited by sh3 engine:

1. The start camera position is ok at your uboat but is slight high back on ships
2. after you mess around the object camera will save the last position and next object wil start from there (can be good or not)
3. again if you mess too much, by the exposed above, sometimes can be a bit difficult to locate your boat again if submerged without visibility.

Other than that all is ok!
If someone is interested (or if we really yet donīt have something similar i can release it).

Cheers!

Last edited by Rubini; 03-12-13 at 11:42 AM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote