View Single Post
Old 03-07-13, 02:05 PM   #3845
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

20th July 1940
Heavy raids against coastal airfields and Dover docks. Tangmere, Manston and Hawkinge all hit hard.

21st July 1940
More raids against coastal airfields, and one deep raid against Kenley airfield. Convoy 'RABBIT' heading out from the Thames targeted.
Scrambled against a raid heading over Hawkinge, spotted a group of contacts at altitude passing over us, Red leader declined to intercept, however given the altitude difference that was hardly surprising. Expected Red leader to turn and climb, but instead we continued to France....
Spotted more bandits over their airfield in France, the squadron split to engage and then I was hit by flak and forced to bale.
Captured by Wehrmacht forces on the ground, and interred in a POW camp until liberated in 1944 by US forces breaking out from Normandy.

Bombers (possibly) at altitude

Bollocks...

Author note: I do really rather hate it when the squadron takes a jaunt to France, such things were strictly forbidden in the real Battle, and I swear I turned off the RAF modifier which makes them follow raids back to the French coast...however in this case the waypoint of the mission itself was somewhere near Wissant.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote