View Single Post
Old 02-26-13, 09:00 PM   #310
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by test_m4a1 View Post

Here is a PrtSC of my monitor proces. according to Monitor process there is something to change in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\USERProcessHandleQuota but i dont know if it has to be changed and how? is it necessary?

I don't know what to do now, i patched it by LAA, memory boost is already done.
To tell the truth, I wouldn't know what to make of the memory usage image from the process monitor.

AND, I'm not sure about it's idea to want to change something in the Registry of the computer? Did the app explain just what you're supposed to change in the Registry, at the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\USERProcessHandleQuota entry? On my Vista system this entry has a "Data: 0x00002710 (10000)" entry. What's it mean? I've not got a clue!

The Registry isn't something to just start changing without knowing what you're doing. I've done it before....... removed entries that aren't needed, or even tell the Registry I've registered software (when I hadn't), but you really need to be careful in there.

When I looked at this site for explaining just what to do, it seems the downloaded Explorer Suite program at NT Core, the "CFF Explorer", is the program that actually opens up the Registry and makes the changes as described. So, you won't need to open the Registry through the command prompt and hunt for the entries yourself.

If you've downloaded the "CFF Explorer", and have followed the directions from the Subsowespac.org exactly as they say, I'm not sure what else you can do.

You might want to reinstall the game as directed by this sticky "How to re-install SH4". One thing I've learned with my Vista 64 bit install is NOT to allow the game to default install to the "Program Files (x86)" folder. For some reason Vista doesn't like you to put games into this folder.....they won't run right. I've always put the game in it's own folder directly under the C:/ drive, or the D:/ drive. Games should not go to the Program Files (x86) folder. I can't speak for Windows 7, but take the advice for what it's worth.

==============

Hey Red, I'm country too. Bred and raised cattle and show hogs for years. I say I'm from Dayton (which I am), but for the last 25 years I live where you can scratch where it itches and nobody is going to see. Can't get any more country than this!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 02-26-13 at 09:27 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote