View Single Post
Old 02-26-13, 03:31 PM   #307
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Your English is just fine!! Believe me, I've read posts from American's that would make anyone shake their head.

Quote:
Windows 7 Professional 64x SP1
Intel Core i5-2500K CPU 3.30GHz (4)
RAM 8GB
NVidia GeForce GTX 670
LG Flatron E2242 21"

Its weird because it is not crashing when i meet single ship, only convoys.....
That's not too surprising because rendering more than one ship pulls a lot more memory than a single model.

As I suspected, you have plenty of ram, along with Windows 7, 64bit. I don't have Windows 7 (Vista 64) on my desk top computer, nor do I have the memory you have (less than 3 Gb), BUT I'm suspecting the issue has to do with your system not being able to use the power it has with a game that never dreamed systems would be this powerful. The game itself needs to be "told" to use the available ram you have (at least a larger amount of it than what the game expected to run on). Back in 2007 when the game was released, no one thought the need to access more than a single gig of ram was necessary. Earlier Operating Systems didn't expect to either, so as things developed the computer’s hardware over reached the software's normal expectations.

You may want to look at this application called Large Address Aware. It makes changes to the execution file of the game, telling it to use more ram memory than the original. Thus doing a better job rendering the things that would slow down the computer that's limited not by the hardware, but by the older software.

Before you do, take a look at this thread. As Bifutake points out, his CTD's were due to my 3000 yard/meter Bearing Tool (which uses a lot of memory, much like running into a convoy of a half dozen ships). The important part for you is this site, which explains the problem, and provides a solution for those with the size of memory you have, AND the OS you're using. I hope it helps you.

I can vouch for the Large Address Adware helping with a laptop I sometimes use. It's OS is Windows 7, with 4Gb of ram. It stopped the CTD's I always had after a few minutes of play with an older game like SH4.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote