View Single Post
Old 02-06-13, 08:34 PM   #433
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Gap, that mod is what turns the Loop antenna. Without it no turn no retract. I was told OHII v2.0 full had it, but it doesn't work as far as I can see. The only way my Loop antenna would turn and retract was with R.E.M. installed.

What else the R.E.M. mod does for I'm not sure.
Many things:

R.E.M. aims to make sub sensors, and equiments in general, more realistic. Lately, I had a look into it, and I have discovered the method used by Xrundel and TheBeast for attaining this result.

They have added multiple obj_sensor controllers to each sensors, so that, for example, hydrophone ranges vary depending on sub depth, and radar detection ranges are affected by targets' altitude. Unfortunately the same result can't be achieved without resorting to some sort of trick, because obj_sensor's properties are not highly configurable.

R.E.M.'s concept is brilliant, but there are chances that it is not flawless. My suggestin to whiskey111 was inspired by a similar report by Rongel about a "mute" hydrophone using this mod.

Indeed, I hope to be wrong because I really like R.E.M, but should we demonstrate that it is the culprit of the above mentioned problem, I am sure that not rotating nor retracting antennas can be easily addressed with an "ad hoc" mod, not including the various other R.E.M. feaures
gap is offline   Reply With Quote