View Single Post
Old 02-03-13, 05:37 AM   #30
elanaiba
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
Purely handcrafted maps or generated? Possibility for user generated maps?
At the moment all map backgrounds (locations) are handcrafted, while objects and AIs are placed in a simple editor.

With time we will do a proper editor, but even now anyone can do his own maps. While there are some tech issues (hosting etc) to be solved, our plan is to have a seamless way for the players to create maps and share them with other players, directly in the game.

As for actual generated maps, I'm pretty sure we'll have "generated gameplay" at some point. In other words, you could play the same map in different scenarios and different tactical situations.

Actually generating the environments (walls, rooms, floors, doors, etc) seems much more difficult from my point of view, but once we get some other features out of the way, we'll see what can be done. The issue for me is to not just throw stuff on the screen, but have it actually make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
I don't know if you need cash for Your project, but if You'll place it on e.g. Kickstarter, I'm sure you will get proper attention Salute to all members of Subsim
Salute!

Kickstarter is not available to us as we are not UK / US based. But we'll do some sort of crowdfunding, yes News to come the following weeks.

elanaiba is offline   Reply With Quote