View Single Post
Old 12-20-12, 03:39 PM   #1030
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40 View Post
RFB is an awesome mod, and the most realistic IMO. It is a real shame that updating seems to have come to a halt on this mod. It's a real loss as far as I'm concerned
When I get through doing my Optical Targeting Correction mod for RFB+RSRDC there should be more improvements than just adding the the visual scope correction. As I've done with the OTC version for TMO where I tried to correct or add new content as the need appeared. I'm doing the same thing with RFB. Like I said a couple of posts back, there are planes without engine sounds, one ship (the Paula freighter) without a bow/stern wake, another with the bow wake reversed, and the Museum will provide a quick trip back to the desktop when you come up on the right model. I'm still having trouble figuring out the reversed bow wake issue, but the rest are fixed and working as they should (actually the Paula never had a bow wake before.....apparently a stock game issue).

I'll be tweaking the radar as in the other OTC mods, finally making it usable. I'll also be looking at the sonar/hydrophone issue of not picking up a reasonable target when we should. Another issue is to look at the DD that seems unbalanced when it appears to accelerate. Little stuff that takes time to fix and test before releasing.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote