View Single Post
Old 12-15-12, 04:17 PM   #588
Bl00dCat
Watch

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default Mines

Jimbuna, thanks... So I may assume any point closer 100km to shore is likely full of surprises.
However, I met something like that in my last patrol when cruising some 200 km away from any land, ESE from Scapa Flow. Was going on Ahead Standart, 30 meters deep, no hydrophone contacts... BANG! ALL compartments damaged and leaking, one sailor wounded -- checked the depth, but it was 50 m to bottom. And in 10 seconds -- BANG #2. Wounded died right away, conning tower destroyed, more leaks and involuntary crash dive all the way to bottom. And when I got to Kiel, my hull integrity was 93% -- I didn't know Germans made their U-boots of eternium, 'cause she survived one mine encounter and two successful depth bombings earlier on that patrol.
And thank you for such a great mod. GWX made me play SH3 again, and it's awesome.

UPD Funny thing. I mentioned I got one sailor killed during mine(?) accident, and one more died before that due to depth charge. So I tossed both of them to sea -- and voila, no crew casualties listed after patrol! Is this working alright?

-- Ya know, some of my crew died on patrol, and it'll look bad on my file...
-- Don't worry, just throw them to the sharks and I'll burn their papers -- so they never served on your crew!

Last edited by Bl00dCat; 12-15-12 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Addition
Bl00dCat is offline   Reply With Quote