View Single Post
Old 01-28-06, 07:40 PM   #28
sonar732
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

This topic should be on the brink of being locked. For one, it started as a "bait" if you will on placing the topic in the DW Mod Workshop forum.
  • 1. The reaction was a no-brainer from the DW modding community.
    2. I can put money down that the a few of the modders were on the BETA testing team due to their experence and speak with SCS regarding the mods.
    3. The BETA team was experienced in their perspective backgrounds and spoke with SCS regarding the shortfalls of the game and still do with each perspective patch.
    4. With the DOD contracts that hold SCS to economic stability, it is understood and I've stated it multiple times, that you can't expect them to be able to give us the realism you want. If they did, the DOD would surely take them to the cleaners.
    5. Hence where the modders come in, as stated, it's a no-brainer that some of them are on the BETA team and talk with SCS on a regular basis.
    6. I have been in phone conversation with multiple members of this community who contribute. As a former member of the USS Alaska SSBN-732, we hold a spirit de corps for each other and respect the other's opinion.
    7. I'll have to admit that due to my family constraints; 5 kids, going to school full time, and working full time, I haven't had time to contribute to different aspects of the game that multiple members are aware of. However, that doesn't stop my respect for the other's contribution.
    8. As a former sonar operator, you won't find a non-DOD game that emulates my former job as close as this does. Yes, there is Harpoon. However, Harpoon doesn't have the classic interface that the US Navy spent 5 months of training for me on.
    9. This game is all about ultilizing tactics with RL emulation. You couldn't employ the classic tactics; surface, air, or sub-surface using the patches that SCS provide us due to #4 above. For instance, give me a shadow zone to hide in and I'll sneak up on you in a heartbeat, or a strong surface duct that would render the surface fleet death to where I was. Before the LWMod, you couldn't do this...now you can!

I've said my peace as both a player and "contributor" to this community. Enough said.
sonar732 is offline   Reply With Quote