Old 11-20-12, 01:03 PM   #846
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
The one that comes with the NewUI.

Also, depends on whether you are using Real Nav or not. If yes - set it to Real Navigation's menu.txt. If not - NewUI's.
Thx m8 that was also my conclution and I have set the path to REALNAV MENU.TXT now.(actually I think the program did it auto after I activated mods). Hower I had the path to the main TDW UI MENU.TXT while patching and using optionwiever before activating mods. That because of this text below taken from post 1 here still comes as instruction.(I never understood why these steps are neccessary unless something useful happens to MAIN TDW UI MENU.TXT as it did in my case now.)

"
In order for real navigation to work correctly the menu.txt file will need to be copied and edited.
Step 1: disable the add-on mod NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_Real_Navigation (if it was enabled)
Step 2: copy the menu.txt file from NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Menu and place in NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_Real_Navigation\data\Menu
Step 3: open the NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_Real_Navigation\data\Menu\menu.tx t file with Notepad
Step 4: comment out the following lines: 820, 821, 822, 823, 824, and 2273. By commenting out I mean place a leading ; at the beginning of the line. When done the numbers listed will look like this (english version):
;820=Unknown
;821=Warship
;822=Merchant
;823=Submarine
;824=Aircraft
;2273=Your submarine
This will prevent tooltips being displayed for the items and thus giving away your position and their position. This is real navigation now.

Step 5: save the NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_Real_Navigation\data\Menu\menu.tx t file (File-->Save)
Step 6: re-enable NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_Real_Navigation
Enjoy real navigation!"
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote