View Single Post
Old 10-28-12, 12:34 PM   #15
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0

I have just installed Windows 8 Pro running in 64bit configuration and I must say it is pretty damn good the time taken to install the software is fast but the best it yet to come.
The boot up time is next to instantaneous as I hardly see the windows 8 logo (which is good because its crap)
then it takes on the look of my mobile phone which is running the android operating system.
At first I didn't like this look but I must admit it grows on you as did the next screen that again look like the apps screen on my mobile phone.
But as you use this operating system you find more exciting things you can play around with and change to suit the way you want the operating system to look or run.
You can choose to use the desktop and place items on the taskbar as with the older versions and I am still using the same programs that I use on my Windows 7 Machine so compatibility seems not to be a problem.
Ok you say but what about drivers do they all work with Windows 8 well no is the simple answer there are updated drivers for Window 8 out there for sure and as I used the upgrade assistant to download Window 8 it told me what needed to be done and also where to find the drivers needed.

Ok I am running a i5 processor with 8Gb of ram and with Windows 8 running the system is super fast.
Also the graphics are truly improved and crystal clear and I can say its well worth the effort of buying and installing it I also used the beta copy of Windows 8 but the full version is totally different I will be using the operating system from now on ok before the will it questions start I have not installed any version of Silent Hunter to Try. So I cant yet say if all will work with it or not but I cant see why not.
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote