Thread: Aerofly FS 2013
View Single Post
Old 10-19-12, 08:49 AM   #6
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 0

Aerofly FS is now available on Steam, and I considered watching for a Steam sale to maybe get it cheap, but then I read this -

Quote:
FSX fans will find certain characteristics of Aerofly FS to be lacking. For example, the engine stays in “on status,” there are no switches that can be clicked in the cockpit, there are no landing lights, there are no navigation aids, and, while the weather can be modified, the maximum cloud coverage is 3/8.
In addition, it does not have any Artificial Intelligence aircraft so the airport seems a little empty. In fact, there's no ATC system at all. Pilots cannot start from a ramp, and there are no audio feedback triggers from adjusting flaps or the gear lever. Some flight dynamics are inaccurate. For example, spinning is not very accurate, nor is near stall.
There are no sloped runways, no rudder for turning, and no multiplayer gaming. As result of its weak areas, Aerofly FS is not considered a full substitute for more developed and entrenched flight simulators.
Maybe a couple of those things wouldn't be so bad, but all of them together rule it out for me. If Ikarus can sort them out then one day I'll reconsider, but until then I'll stick with what I've got.