View Single Post
Old 10-01-12, 04:38 AM   #3
joea
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
The iPod is hands down one kick butt music player. Nothing better IMO.
Well AVG that's why I have an iphone, it's still the best phone for music playback-and I would not want to carry two devices-although if I still had my feature phone I would get an ipod. Same logic that I like games and prefer an all in one device. Or you could get an ipod touch and have games, some internet connection when on wifi and music. YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
If i had the time, Id head down to the Apple store to walk up and down the Iphone 5 queue with my tounge stuck under my bottom lip making a long UNNGGHH! sound, because that is a pretty accurate description of what they are doing....queuing for days... to pay silly money.... for a phone...thats a little bit better than the one they currently have.

Or maybe i would just give them a clap, because that level of materialistic idiocy almost deserves a round of applause!
Oh come on JU, yes it's silly to upgrade every year or possibly every two years yes. I would disagree that the iphone 5 is an insignificant upgrade. Maybe from a 4s but a huge difference speed wise with my 4 or your 3gs. Plus a much nicer screen (not just size), a much better camera and LTE if you want that. for me, the memory uograde to 64 GB would be worth it-games like WOTA and the Infinity Blade series need tons of space.

Anyhow here is a fair review of the 5 (even if on an Apple site):

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/rev...6gb-32gb-64gb/

You said it yourself gaming is one of the iphone's big advantages-as we know from our beloved subsims you more or less have to upgrade to play the latest games. I lasted 8 years (!) on my previous computer before upgrading in 2010, believe me my SH3-GWX and il2-1946 were suffering at the end. The line ups are a bit silly though.

As for other platforms, if I had to choose it would be windows phone. Seriously except for the relative lack of apps a very nice phone and the Nokia hardware is also very nice.

I actually am disliking Android more and more, partly because of the reasons mentioned above such as lack of comprehensive updates etc. I also have a distrust of Google, I know Apple have taken a lot of deserved flak lately, but except for gmail and google earth I have been trying to get away from google. I use Duck Duck Go for search and actually would like to see some viable alternatives for google maps (yes Apple ain't there yet but there are plenty of alternatives). I just don't like one company getting hold of so much info and see Android as just another conduit to info gathering. The main thing are the fans though, I don't see these mythical Apple fanatics online or in real life anymore but the Andorid fans are extremely aggresive, they've become the new Apple fans. Even here every time there is a post about a new game for ios (like WOTA or Pacfic Fleet) you cna be sure to get someone posting "nice game but too bad Apple sux", I find it amusing really.
joea is offline   Reply With Quote