Old 09-29-12, 07:38 AM   #125
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
It is a status thing. There is nothing the android cannot do, and better
Apple gear is a status thing for some (rather superficial) people, yes.
But likewise boycotting Apple products because of the 'status thing' is also a a bit of status thing in its own right.

Some People buy Iphones/Pads because they think its cool, in the fashionable/trendy sense of the word.
Some People Refuse to buy Iphones/Pads without even trying them out, because they like to think they are smarter than those who aspire to be cool.

Either way is being rather childish if you ask me. Who cares what everyone else is doing / thinking, screw that. just get the one YOU like. (finances permitting)

I will say this; they both do the same thing at the end of the day, so its kinda apples and oranges.
Android devices are clearly better value for money, (Apples stuff is always over priced.) So no argument there.
That said, I genuinly find IOS a much nicer OS to use over Android, for me, its easier, cleaner and seems a touch faster too.
And I will reiterate that for mobile games (if you are into them) - Apple wins hands down, because there are much more quality games avaliable on their store.

If I had tried Android and found to be just as pleasent to use, and it had the same range of games avaliable, i would have dumped the Iphone in the blink of an eye.
While Android is not at all bad, its minor annoyances were enough to put me off from trading in my trusty 3gs, thats all. I was tempted by the shiny new Samsung, my Iphone is covered in stratches and cracks, looks like its been in a warzone, but works fine
Perhaps Ive been spoiled.

Last edited by JU_88; 09-29-12 at 08:31 AM.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote