View Single Post
Old 09-03-12, 11:30 AM   #1207
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Should be no problems. I'm going to modify the patcher app so that it'll recognize entries that say to patch a txt file instead of a binary file. This will allow it to add/remove items from txt files
Good idea, though I see a shortcoming to it: if people enable mods that modify menu.txt after having enabled your patch, or if they patch the game after having enabled a modded menu.txt, and then they remove that mod, the patched menu.txt would be overwritten or completely discarded.

I am sure UI mods and language packs will feature soon your new messages. In the meanwhile an esay trick for avoiding confusion, if only people could get accustomed to it, would be following the Tutorial by Trevally, by including the modded/localized menu.txt in the "patch mod" and by making sure to enable it at the end of the JSGME list.

Another solution that occurs to me though is to make your patch to look for a custom txt file, that should be enabled like a normal mod after installing the patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalleblom View Post
gap

what does it mean with the menu.txt file. Canīt figure out and how itīs touch the german translation of the menu.txt. My english isnīt goog enough to understand it.
Sorry Kalle: I see TDW was faster than me
gap is offline   Reply With Quote