View Single Post
Old 08-11-12, 04:30 AM   #188
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian View Post
I still get the issue from my other post, randomly now it seems (i did assume it was a memory issue as windows was caching huge amounts of ram 8gig + after playing other games). I have waited 15 minutes, when it works it takes 3.

I ran the dbgview app and it says "recmanualcategory not found" in numerous cfg files which exist so not sure what this means or even whether its the cause. As i said i can play the game on reboot.
I also get a ctd when opening the torpedo doors via the deck tdc binoculars.?
Hi Bosnian,

A way to check what the game is doing when these slow downs happen is to run dbgview at the same time.
I use 2 monitors, so when the game pauses to load somthing - the dbgview on my second screen is telling me what it is doing. For me this is very handy for making automation scripts etc.
You could try this with a single monitor by setting the options to window mode and selecting a very small window. Then reload game and run dbgview in a window beside SH5 window.

With this you may see what is causing your 15min pauses

Quote:
Trevally your list from may has slightly older versions of some mods, how often do u update? or do you have favoured versions for stability
When I am making a new version of OHII - I keep my old trusty mod list. For me changing this whilst making a mod can cause me many a head ache. I need to know that if a ctd happens when I am modding that it was me and not my mod list.

I am now just updating my list with TDWs new vesions of IRAI and UI as well as adding theBeasts new mods.
When I am finished and happy - I will update post one. My list is still very basic compared to some here - but I like it that way - less headaches and I hate headaches