View Single Post
Old 07-27-12, 01:52 PM   #163
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Thanks for the info and the links, Frau. I am very impressed with the venue; I have heard of Springer Auditorium mainly through the classical music radio stations I listen to and the recordings they play that were made in Springer. I had never seen pictures of the interior; it is one of those places just made for fine musical performances and I have always been partial to grand, historic architecture...
Yeah, it's really quite lovely. I've sat in various sections from orchestra (floor) to gallery (upper balcony) and even had box seats once for an opera and the sound seems great everywhere.

Quote:
I have seen the 9th performed live several times,
I'm sorry, but I must hate you now.

Quote:
I hope you plans work out and you enjoy the glorious 9th...
Oh, I will definitely be going. Single tickets go on sale in a couple of weeks and I already have the money... I'd just do one of the "create your own series" deals and pick out 5 shows now but there doesn't seem to be an option for choosing your own seat that way, which is something I really prefer to do. I waited until November last year to get tix for last season because none of the performances I wanted to see were happening until after the first of this year, and still got great seats for all three.

They are also doing the Emperor concerto next spring, and Pinchas Zuckerman will be in town one weekend, I think he may be doing the two romanzas for violin and orchestra but I'm not sure. Those are the other two performances I will probably get tickets for (at the very least).

They actually will do three performances of the 9th, instead of the usual two, one of which will be (as I understand it) a rehearsal performance the Thursday evening before the weekend shows. I may try to get in on that as well just to see what it's like.

And as it happens, I was just now listening to a live performance of the 9th from the Royal Albert Hall in London, which was apparently timed to end shortly before the opening ceremonies of the Olympics begin today. Thank goodness I work in an office downstairs by myself away from everybody else, I'm not sure they could've endured me singing along so loudly in German no less.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote