View Single Post
Old 07-11-12, 03:25 PM   #1830
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

I had some issues getting it to work right the first time around as well.

It's best not to tinker with most other mods that affect followers after you've installed UFO, unless you also uninstall UFO (using the correct in-game procedures first) and then reinstall it after you've made the other desired changes. Many other follower mods also conflict with it, or must load with it in a particular order otherwise there will be conflicts. I ran into the same thing - commands didn't work, or followers could not be dismissed or reacquired. If that's what's happening then you've either got a mod conflict somewhere or something went wrong with the installation.

There is also a possible issue (from what I've read) about some launchers not loading mods in the order you designate every time, not sure about all the details. The UFO modder recommends that after installing it you launch the game the first time from the Steam launcher, after checking your Data Files there to make sure they are in the correct load order. You only have to go as far as the main menu screen then you can exit and after that just restart the game from your launcher of choice if it isn't the default Steam one.

Not sure where you got your copy of it but there's a great deal of info on compatibility, conflicts, load order requirements, and other possible installation issues at the Nexus page for it (which is where I got it).

Edit: if you forgot to dismiss someone before installing UFO that can definitely cause problems. I always check my follower count in the console to make sure it's at zero before saving and doing anything with UFO. If it's not zero I set it to zero.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote