View Single Post
Old 07-10-12, 01:51 AM   #14
PeriscopeDepth
Sea Lord

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Alright, changes pushed up.

As far as next steps go:

- An RSS feed for each of the three news feeds on the main pages (Subsim, world, and reviews) would greatly help. Just to be clear, one RSS feed for each category.

- For forums are we just doing a webview? I have no idea whether there's an available API for that. And is it even possible to do any of the forum stuff better than tapatalk? Maybe we should just leave forums out?

- Any other feature ideas?

- I feel like I'm somewhat back up to speed on the Android stuff. Do we want to stick with the tabbed layout? From what I understand, action bars (http://developer.android.com/referen...ActionBar.html) are the new normal for Android navigation. For an example, look at the Play Store (or many others) app. They are Honeycomb and above, but there are libraries to help us target earlier versions without too much trouble.

- Is there anybody around who considers themselves a designer? We will need graphics for icons, opinions on colors, etc eventually.

Is there an iOS app in progress? If so, if whoever is doing that is open to any help, I would certainly be interested in helping out. I would probably focus on the Android stuff though, iOS is what I do all day at work.

PD
PeriscopeDepth is offline   Reply With Quote