View Single Post
Old 07-09-12, 02:32 AM   #78
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Yeah that is a strange globe I'm using that shows Iran on the border of Afghanistan and Iraq, isn't it. Very strange. Ought to get a refund on that globe and get a new one, even though it will still show Iran in the middle of Afghanistan and Iraq. Maybe I ought to just do away with the globe and get a map. Perhaps the outdated Michelin road map will work. Oh wait, that still shows Iran on the border of Afghanistan and Iraq. Dang. Cartographers must be stupid, huh. You're right, Siam (Thailand) borders Iran and has a bunch of US military troops and equipment in it.
I hate to bring you up to date with the events you are an expert on but your bunch of US military troops and bases and airfields and equipment in thast country which borders Iran happens to be ....about 150 troops guarding the US embassy
Perhaps you missed the event, after all the end of the US presence after such a disasterous waste of time didn't make much headline news again and again on every news channel and every newspaper did it.
The Iranian backed government wouldn't give America decent terms for its troops to stay on so they all left.

Quote:
It earned him an infraction.
Was it needed?
After all it must be very frustrating and confusing for him if he is only just discovering that the US handed over Iraq, so you can have sympathy with him while he gets over the shock as people can do strange things when something hits them like that.