Old 07-04-12, 12:59 PM   #9009
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Thank you TDW!

having this option will come handy for keeping trace of multiple units, or even for following one specific ship within a convoy at medium-low range. Until now, if this one contact was accidentally lost for a short while, and if in the meanwhile another ship had come closer to us, we had to throw our plotting in the garbage, or to follow the wanted contact manually

Another application would be avoiding the disturbance created by close environmental contacts, like icebergs, dolphins and any other similar hydrophone detectable units we may import in game.
I sat down and started making my 'plan' on how to implement this and I see some shortfalls. Follow target (visual) works because the game lets me read the contact's bearing while the periscope/UZO is on the target. The hydrophone does not give me this information. In fact the hydrophone doesn't give any information to the scriptmanager in the form of contact info for the hydrophone. I have ways to circumvent this but it's not going to be perfect.

In order for hydro follow target to work I'm going to have to sweep the hydrophone in a narrow arc repeatedly every x amount of time to determine where the target is. From that I should be able to discern which contact is the one you are wanting to follow (if there are multiple contacts around it). Hydro follow target could possibly start tracking another target if it is close in bearing and range to the one it was already tracking. This is where I'm trying to find a way to mitigate this currently
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote