Thread: PMDG J41
View Single Post
Old 07-02-12, 07:17 AM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Hand-flying may not be the problem, but engine management, they say that constant monitoring of the - variable - engine temperature limits is necessary in the sim to prevent them from burnign through, also the design of the engine and propellers is unsual, the rpm stays constant and excluisvely the propeller angle gets altered -. where the circles closes to safeguarding critical egnine temps. Also, the lfight compouter system looks totally different form the ones I know from Boeings, one older airbus package, and the ATR-72 that I all used over the years. The manuals I already downloade, they are 750 pages. And the web is filled with requests by desperate people asking for advice on how to do this or that, especially how to start the engines without blowing them up.

Maybe that is why it was a trainer?

Just 90 of these planes have been built. By size they are one class smaller than a Boeing 737 or an ATR 72, but not as tiny as a Cheyenne or Skyhawk or Baron and the like, giving it a more complex handling in cockpit operations.