View Single Post
Old 06-29-12, 09:39 AM   #24
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saipan View Post
sh5 isnt a very demanding game. i have a gts250 , 4gb ddr2 ram, and a 1st gen quad core. i run the game maxed out and have no problems. the rigs u guys seem to talk about seem more applicable to cliffs over dover.

but building bigger and better is always fun.
when deciding on a systems specs its not as bad as it used to be (outdated before its built) but there is a level where your not going to be spending much more to get the better components so you really do NEED to build the best you can within your budget and build for more then your needs today so newer games dont leave you behind.

heck with the release of sh3 a system with any single core and 2 gigs ram with a 512mb video card was an advanced computer and dual cores were considered over kill where today it is a very limited system as far as gaming goes

money is tight so the rule of thumb i use is whatever was the ultimate best there was 2 years ago i start with those specs and after 2 years the prices usually come back down to earth for those components so it can usually be done for equal to or less then you spend on the average dell or hp pre-built setups ($1,000) yet get something you would have to pay double what you spent on it to buy it pre-built that way