Old 06-23-12, 01:16 PM   #1530
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

Hi TDW

- Import in loose ,without AO make error with the texture
What's the error? What happens?
Strange texture render in editor (but i think that come of the vertices numbers) now i redo the 2 (normal an AO.obj with the same numbers
and i have not more problems

In the "normal".OBJ : That seem the AO material eported as "d" is not used as AO map but to make transparent ?
other is not better to export the alpha channel from diffuse as opacity
eg : the plants in undersea.gr2 use the alpha from diffuse as opacity
I thought you asked if the 'd' parameter could be used to specify the AO map? That's what I did.
Map "d" is Not AO ,but opacity AO use another UVW "VerticeTexture" and .Obj can't contain 2 UVW "vt" (vertice texture coordonate)

in the "_AO".OBJ : can you delete the "opacity" material,we don't need it
Are you talking about the 'd' parameter here?
Yes,For the "meshe"_AO.obj we need just a diffuse map

and if you can export in _AO just one material and one uvw for all subsets ? (AO use just one diffuse (no alpha) map for the all room)
other that make me for the CT_body : 14 uvw maps and 14 materials (one by subset ,but the same material)
Yes I can make that change for the material. What is uvw? It is silly to be listing x different materials in the AO MTL file when they all use the same material
For the AO is just one texture used ( just little things use another)
eg : in Conning tower all AO is on the texture : conning_tower_room_01.dds and just the "chepeng" use another : conning_tower_room_03 and support sticla (use door rust diffuse texture !!!!)
but i have enought place to replace the chepeng AO and sticla support on the conning_tower_room_01 texture
and i think is better to have just one AO texture by room !?

when exporting ,the editor can not write just the used materials by subset
What are you wanting to see? I don't understand.
eg : after export in the .mtl all meshes have opacity,but only plants and think the trees use them !?
idem with the AO.mtl i don't think for AO the Bump map and opacity is needed

and i have succeded ingame/goblin tested
(after some AO textures/uvw bugs)
try to change opacity value (after save/load the .gr2 otherwise: error)

OK ,all is great but too transparent ,change the opacity value again...
and in goblin/ingame make crash ,try to reopen the .GR2 in editor..
and all is OK ....
try to save it again : crash again in goblin/ingame
retry to re-open it in editor all is ok !!!!

take a look in granny viewer still error in the extenddata (i have other texture names in) (i don't remenber what mesh,i have look ,but in Granny viewer in the texture extend data ,I've seen textures that had nothing to do there

What is the error?

When i import a mesh in editor the textures aren't good render ,i need to save the.GR2 (i open it with goblin and all is good ) and reload again in editor and all is ok
For the opacity value error ,now i have no more problems

- I can't add material in the CT_Body Mesh -> adding material in editor is OK ,But in goblin/ingame error On meshes with only one subset all work fine
( and i need it )
Can you load it up in Granny Viewer? Are there any noticeable problems with it in Granny Viewer?
No,Problem to open it in granny viewer/editor
But goblin/ingame make crash and return to Windows
(i can add materials to the mesh ,but not binding (use) to a subset)

- I can't rename some meshes (eg:chepeng -> now is the bottles)
Why not? Do you get an error or ?
Yes :

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
à TheDarkWraith.SilentHunter5.GR2EditorViewer.SettvM eshesSelectedNode(TreeNode tn)
à TheDarkWraith.SilentHunter5.GR2EditorViewer.SettvM eshesSelectedNode(GR2Mesh& m)
à TheDarkWraith.SilentHunter5.GR2EditorViewer.tvMesh es_AfterLabelEdit(Object sender, NodeLabelEditEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterLabelEdit(Nod eLabelEditEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnEndLabelEdit(NMTV DISPINFO nmtvdi)
à System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

BlaBla....

other little thing : i need to add one subset by one subset ,other if i add 2 subsets (in 3dsmax) when i import it in editor that make an error

But my big problem in moment is to assign new material on a subset ,the other things is not urgent

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 06-23-12 at 02:10 PM.
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote