View Single Post
Old 06-11-12, 03:52 PM   #539
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan View Post
I seem to remember as bad as IDS was, the Tories kept nipping at Labour on every issue. Labour don't seem to be able to do that. I have to say, they need a new leader and they need one bad, but who is there is there in the Labour party just now?
Good point, but the Tories have always been better in opposition than in power, they are good at nipping at the heels of the party in power, and then when they get in power blaming everything that goes wrong on the previous party. IDS was a wet lettuce though, and still is, the 'Quiet Man' I remember they called him, amongst other things, Cameron has probably been the strongest Tory leader since Hague though, but he hasn't exactly had much opposition, Brown was as good at political fighting as a dead hedgehog, and Milliband is...well...about the same.
Labour is at a weak point now, the lowest since the 1980s, and I dare say that they will have to reinvent themselves if they don't make it in at the next election. New New Labour perhaps...
However, at the moment, they're getting votes, not for their policies, but for the fact that they're not Lib-Dem or Tory.