View Single Post
Old 05-28-12, 06:21 PM   #2136
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger View Post
Roger Dodger, if you are playing with default TMO25 subs upgrade classes then you may never get a Gato, except if you will turn down a Gar.

With TMO25 its like this:
-from s-18\s-42\porpoise to gar\gato;
-from gar\gato to balao;
-from balao to tench;
-from tench to tambor(?).

So you will need to not accept a Gar and wait for Gato, if you want Gato. But there is no guarantee that the game will do that and not decide to jump to class 3, which is Balao (if the date will be right of course).

Stock settings are better: s-class > porpoise\salmon\sargo\tambor\gar > gato >balao (and then you mod tench as class 4).
Not sure about what I'll get with TMO2.5. Usually (before) I'll start with an S-Boat, upgrade to a Porpoise, then to a Salmon/Sargo, finally to a Gato. I'll usually spend a year in a Gato before being offered a Balao. I've never been offered a Gar or Tambor.

Maybe I'm being rewarded for being an aggressive skipper The last Salmon I had during the Guadalcanal Campaign, got so beat up that I only did one patrol in it. I did sink a Heavy Cruiser and a DD against heavy odds, and limped back into port with 85% hull damage. Instead of being cashiered for unacceptable damage to my boat, I was rewarded a brand-new Gato.

Only time will tell on this one. Before starting my new campaign with TMO2.5, I deleted the 'My Documents\SH4' folder entirely. There shouldn't be any 'confusion' with previous games by doing that, something I suspect was causing problems with the Gato Deck Gun.

Good Hunting!