View Single Post
Old 05-21-12, 05:34 PM   #36
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

11% drop after two days. Not bad.

Meanwhile a group action has been filed over massive prvacy violations. They could cost facebook several billions.

And in Germany it is reported a federal offcial for media law and rights has warned during the public presentation of the yearly "Grundrechtereport" in Karlsruhe that even if you are not registered at facebook and visiting the site as a guest only, using any of the buttons - the like/dislike button - will automatically target the visitor for Facebook prifilign action and the site startiung to track his activities for at least 90 days, storing the data and saving it for use if the visitor later should return and register an account.

In other words, you must not even register there to get spied on, just surf the site and the FB machine embarks on you already.

How do hackers call sites that you just need to visit intentionally or by chance, and the visit alone already launches an attack on your system? Drive-by attack or something like that it was?

Datenkraken like Google and Facebook I just wish as harsh a crash frokm high altitude right on their faces, and as tough as possible. IMO their drives to gain data for profiling, and bypassing elemental rules of politeness and even nation's laws protecting privacy, are deliberately criminal. And I do not know what should worry me more: these data in the hands of government agencies - or in the hand of private business that even avoids monitoring and public counter-copnhtrol of how these data get used.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-21-12 at 06:07 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote