View Single Post
Old 05-19-12, 08:38 PM   #3886
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger View Post
Why would it not know? It was the game who created my documents SH4 folder in the first place Don't worry, the game will recreate this folder, but you will need to adjust game settings and , of course, start new career.
But I wonder what will happen if you do delete all contents of those folders you mentioned?
1. The game will recreate them - and they will be up to date with TMO25;
2. Your saves will not load/get corrupted/the game will crash when loading such save;
3.All of the above
There is also a file called 'career progress' or something - I wouldnt delete that; unless your career progress is also saved in that rich save game, but I doubt it...
Too much hassle.
Why would it not know? It was the game who created my documents SH4 folder in the first place.
I think the game installs the SH4 folder, and related sub-folders during the game install. It 'may' re-install them when attempting to save a game or starting a new campaign, OR it 'may not', meaning I just HOSED my game. Its more of a hassle to completely re-install the whole game. Just in case, I think I'll try my way first. BTW, deleting the SH4 folder (with their related sub-folders) will also delete ALL SaveGame files at the same time, so there won't be anything to try to load that will muck up the game.

I'll still wait until AFTER I finish my present patrol. I just sank a fat freighter AND a Light Cruiser near Rabaul, and haven't even gotten to my patrol area yet.

Good Hunting!

Last edited by Roger Dodger; 05-19-12 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Add some color
Roger Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote