Old 05-16-12, 08:21 AM   #2129
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Spok View Post
I have a question about career.

Yesterday I finished my 4th patrol. "They" proposed me to take commant of a shiny new Sargo-class, but I rejected it (I love my sugar boat, especially with brand new SJ radar! ), though now I have an option to transfer to Aleutians.

Now, will I have an opportunity to transfer to Pearl, 'cause I plan to get my hans on Balao-class?

I doubt it since RSRD works on a historically based(well mostly, think some sources used may have be incomplete or slightly in error but its mostly accurate) flotilla system.Since S-Boats never operated our of Pearl except for training during the war(as far as I can tell, place their range was a major limitation) I doubt you will be able to operate out of Pearl in an S boat in RSRD.I have an S boat career going and while deployed out of Brisbane in October 42, a message flashed that all S-Boats shift home port to Dutch Harbor effective 1 November 1942, I had to travel all the way from the solomons to Dutch Harbor(refueled at Midway) in order to to end my patrol after a long, intense patrol.Want a Balao you will prob just have to start a new career.However, if you hang onto your S Boat until begin of 44 you might luck up and get one or a Gato, not sure.I imagine S-Boats are withdrawn from combat in RSRD as they were in RL.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote