View Single Post
Old 05-13-12, 10:38 AM   #2117
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Spok View Post
Hey, no offence to lurker of so, it's just a question I'm currently reading Rosco T. "US submarine warfare in WW2" (or something like that, because I read it in russian translation), and I want to add more immersion to the game by going through as many major battles as I can

P.S. Nope, I doubt it was THE task force that kicked ABDA's butt, it only had one LC and few DD's

There are plenty of battles and tf's in RSRD , in much detail.I just witnessed and participated in the Battle of Savo Island in August 1942, all the right groups were there, even then air attack occured on August 7 42 in response to us landings.I also just sank the Taiho at the battle of the philippine sea.They are in their historically correct places, do some research you should be able to find the major engagements.That does not work, use the mission editor and find what your looking for in the campaign files, then get the coordinates.I do not do this(I did for Savo Island, wanted to see where I could sit to observe and did end up sinking one cruiser with torpedoes to help out) if you still can not find them, PM me with what battle you are looking for, I will give you some map coordinates to be at so you are likely to encounter different IJN forces.

My current career is in October 1942, the Battle of Santa Cruz Islands is in RSRD, US and IJN fleets are recreated pretty accurately there, so going to put myself in the area, hopefully see the US air attacks on the IJN carriers, maybe get a shot at a big ship myself, rescue a few pilots who have to bail or ditch.Should be fun.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote